the emotions in children are very important to reinforce and they work from a young age. It is parents and not only teachers who have to work with them, parents have to teach them to control their emotions and know how to identify them.
Empathy in them is very important that they know how to put themselves in the place of others to feel what others feel, helps them a lot in the growth and emotional formation of the child. For this there are several games with which the different emotions work.
- 1 The importance of emotions in children
- 2 activities for children’s emotions to work
- 3 Crafts also serve to work on emotions
- 1 They Capture the Labyrinth
- 2 Create sensory toys
The importance of emotions in children
Working well on emotions and empathy in children helps them a lot in having social relationships throughout their lives. The important thing for them to control their emotions well from a young age. Parents concentrate so that they are able to identify the different emotions , that they know when they are happy and when they are sad, when they are angry and when they are afraid and of course they know how to verbalize all these emotions.
The best way to work on emotions is always with fun games and activities, always in a simple way and according to the age of each child. With games we will always improve social skills and the main emotional skills.
As we have already reviewed, this type of competition is based on the game they control the basic emotions very well: fear, sadness, joy, surprise, anger and anger. Also others that are very important such as self-control, self-concept, empathy and self-esteem. People’s lives are governed by feelings and emotions, and it is vitally important that children regulate and analyze how to identify when they are sad or happy.
Activities for children’s emotions to work
The best way to learn emotions is to know and learn them. Crafts have become the best example to work on, but there are also activities that can be implemented on a daily basis and that greatly improve this framework.
- Reading stories. Reading to children or reading to children the stories offered by books is the best emotional entertainment. Create such experiences with their imagination and recreate emotions where they allow them to feel very safe and without risks. The readings can be stopped to discuss what happens to their characters and how they feel.
- Create a list of emotions. Whenever the emotions are analyzed in a book, they can be written down in a notebook. In the same way, you can create the same list to write down what you feel throughout the day, describe it with a single word and be able to create a drawing related to emotions.
- Use music for expression. It can be played in a group to make it much more fun. A compilation of a different style of music is made and must interpret an emotion or sensation . The children should stand and walk, when a song is playing they should interpret if it sounds sad or if there is a happy feeling. Everyone has to interpret what they feel and at the end of the song what everyone experienced is analyzed.
One of the activities that can be used to work on emotions with children at home is the emotion lollipops . To prepare them we only need some pole pieces and some cardboard or cardboard circles in which we can paint the faces with the different emotions we feel ( happiness, sadness, fear …) On the back of the faces we can Put the name of the emotion it represents to also work on literacy . At any moment of the day, we can take the lollipop that represents the emotion we feel so that later they will do the same with us and explain why they chose it.
Crafts also serve to work on emotions
The following crafts are designed for all educational levels. Each skill must be matched to the child’s ability or the child’s ability to interpret it. They are a form of power play with their sensory abilities and have to control how it relaxes them or creates some emotion that they can analyze.
They Capture the Labyrinth
This exercise is about the child having to use his finger to follow the paths of a maze (in this case printable). You have to start by following a path from the beginning and try to reach the end. Inadvertently, it is a concentration skill where the child feels relaxed and is aware of how he regulates his breathing.
create sensory toys
These toys recreate their artistic side and then their effect leaves them hypnotized. Because many of them are magic bottles that can be recreated with recycled plastic and where we fill them with any small object that can half float, such as pompoms, colored pipe cleaner bits, cubes, glitter, colored chips, small pearls, etc. From here we shake the bottle to observe its effect.
Another bottle that can be created is with oil. In a recycled plastic bottle we add water and fill with oil, but without filling it completely, because you have to leave a small space. We add the dye and let it dissolve, it will only do so in water. In this craft you can add a small chest tablet to simulate the appearance of lava. But if not, you can just stir and watch the oil particles move through the water without dissolving.
These crafts create a sensory moment that we have to analyze together with the children. If we shake the bottles we will see how everything goes out of control , so we can recreate what the head is like when we get angry . Observe then how all the elements are deposited, the sensation will be given as everything comes to rest to be able to think more clearly.