In early childhood, children interact with each other through simple behaviors such as looking at or touching another child. Infants’ social interactions with their partners in life increase in complexity as they engage in repetitive or routine interactions. (For example, rolling a ball back and forth) to engage in cooperative activities, such as building a tower of blocks together or acting out different roles during game play. Discover the importance of companions!
Through interactions with them, babies explore their interest in others and learn about social behavior/social interaction. Peer interactions provide the context for social learning and problem solving, including experiencing social exchange, cooperation, taking turns, and demonstrating the beginnings of empathy
- 1 What is the importance of peers or friends of children?
- 2 How do friendships affect learning?
- 3 benefits of having colleagues and working as a team
- 4 How does friends affect a child? The importance of companions!
- 5 How valuable is childhood friendship?
What is the importance of peers or friends of children?
We have already started to say that interactions leave us with a series of key benefits. But we can clarify that these companions are a perfect help, so that each person, in this case the little ones, can develop both socially and emotionally . This ‘help’ makes it a whole training to unpack throughout life. Therefore, we can say that friends are key in all phases and all ages we live. It is true that when we are smaller, they are the beginning of new experiences for our development. Now we will see even more of that influence in each person!
How do friendships affect learning?
Although sometimes, in a topic like this, we bring the comparisons, now it will not be like that. Because we will only be surrounded by all the good things about the childhood of friends:
- Social interactions with their peers also allow older infants to experiment with different roles in small groups and in different situations, such as with known or unknown children. Interactions are steps to peer relationships in life.
- Adults must facilitate the development of a psychologically safe environment that promotes positive social interaction. As children openly interact with their peers, they learn more about each as an individual and begin to build a history of interactions.
- Babies develop close relationships with children they know over a period of time, such as other children in the family childcare setting or in the neighborhood, etc. They become your companions in life. Peer relationships give young children the opportunity to develop strong social bonds.
- Babies often show a preference for playing and being with friends, compared to peers with whom they are not in a relationship. There are characteristic patterns of friendship for infants, toddlers and preschoolers. The three groups vary in the number of friendships, the stability of friendships, and the nature of interaction between friends. (for example, to what extent they involve the exchange of objects or verbal communication).
Benefits of having colleagues and working as a team
The truth is that first they can be partners, then friends and finally inseparable throughout life. But we have to go step by step and for this reason, having people around you and sharing teamwork also leads us to talk about a series of advantages. Do you want to know what they consider the importance of companions?
- Social relationships are improved in general, because more moments have to be shared and that makes the bond to light.
- They will develop critical thinking .
- They learn to listen and value other opinions.
- They will achieve new goals together and for that, they will give them more importance.
- Without forgetting that it will also make self-esteem much stronger .
How do friends affect a child? The importance of companions!
Sometimes we come across cases of children who have no friends. This can be due to certain problems when it comes to avoiding socialization and relationships with their peers . Including the one who always wants to be right and commands others, or doesn’t have too much sensitivity with the rest of his colleagues, blames or maybe because he is too shy or timid.
Of course, it must be said that it is something very negative. As we mentioned before, it is also the job of the adults to promote more interaction between the children. Because otherwise, this will affect the child and not only in his school stage, but it is something that will carry him until he is an adult . What way? Well, low self-esteem, more loneliness, negativity and maybe even aggressiveness among other symptoms.
How precious is childhood friendship?
Although we all know that friendships develop, we also have to say that they are the most precious. Because those who stay teach us that they have built themselves strong and those who leave that their time in our lives is over. But we should not be sad about it, but as I said it is another step and another evolution. Much more will come, of that there is no doubt and the important thing is always to learn from all of them .
So, going back to childhood, it must be said for them it is a way to understand loyalty and tolerance as well as empathy. They learn to resolve conflicts and various problems, but always with tolerance and respect. All these values and many more are what our colleagues feel and develop at every step.